Pages

Tuesday 16 January 2018

New Years Resolutions

Let me just start by saying I don’t necessarily believe in “New Year’s Resolutions”, but I believe in challenging myself, improving myself, and encouraging myself. It’s easy to set yourself up for failure and thus rocketing oneself into self pity and dissatisfaction. For this reason I want to have the motive of putting Christ at the center of my goals. I want my goals to be about Him and not myself. On my own I am a selfish, lazy and indulgent person.

These verses will be my focus and my mantras for, hopefully not only 2018, but for the rest of my life:
  

So with that being said here is my list of things I want to strive for with the help of the Lord:

DO’S & DON’TS
Work on my spiritual growth
  • ·         Read my bible at least 5 times a week (Read the whole Bible in a year)
  • ·         Spend more time praying
  • ·         Read more books on improving the Christian life
Take better care of myself
  • ·         Exercise at least 4 times a week
  • ·         Eat healthier – cut down on carbs and sugar – EAT MORE FRESH VEG!!!!
  • ·         Drink more water – need to try to get up to 2L a day
  • ·         Don’t allow my legs to look like a woolly mammoth
  • ·         Keep my nails neat and pretty (Try to paint them more often)
  • ·         Wear perfume more often (Makes the husband happy!)

Try to read at least 20 books this year (that was my record last year)

Write more – I want to create a habit of writing so that when I am able to take a creative writing course my skills are sharp

Try to complete one household goal each weekday (excluding general house work)

Keep within the budget

Be a better mom
  • ·         Be more patient with my kids
  • ·         Talk kinder to my kids
  • ·         Do more stuff with them
  • ·         Don’t neglect teaching them about the Lord (Use every instance to point them towards Jesus)
  • ·         Read more Christian parenting books
  • ·         Pray for my kids
  • ·         Introduce Noah to Star Wars 😉

Be a better wife
  • ·         Keep my husband’s needs and desires in the front of my mind
  • ·         Wag my tail when he gets home (Personal joke – neither of us consider me or my role as a wife as inferior or lesser to his role as husband – point is to be happy to see him when he gets home, he has also had a long day and home should be his safe place as well as mine)
  • ·         Read more Christian books on marriage
  • ·         Pray for my husband

Be a better friend
  • ·         Don’t talk so much about myself - that’s what blogging is for, right? 😉
  • ·         Take personal interest in others lives
  • ·         Message or call long distant friends more often – don’t rely on Facebook for updates on their lives
  • ·         Pray for my friends

Don’t allow myself to get into a cooking slump (I love cooking and making new and exciting dishes, but my laziness can take over and get me stuck in a rut)

Be more organised

Don’t be so hard on myself – Talk to myself rather than listening to myself

Serve the Lord with a happy heart

No comments:

Post a Comment